Thursday, December 23, 2010

October 2010

In October we spend every minute we could soaking up the loveliness of fall. Fall is definitely my favorite season and it may be Coopers too as there is an endless supply of leaves to rake up...and we all know how dearly Cooper loves tools on a long handle.
Grampy enlisted him to come help with his yard. Here he is stomping down the pine needles to make room for more.
I couldn't help but snap a bunch of pics of him hard at work!














My parents have acquired the most lovely grey fox that frequents the yard. He was eating juniper berries here and stayed for a long time. He didn't mind us admiring him from the window or Cooper saying "oof" 4,000 times while watching him.



Derek was working in the yard a couple of weeks before Halloween and saw this tarantula. He wanted to show me so he put it in a jar. I, of course, immediately adopted it as a pet, named him Donovan, and went hunting for spider food insects to feed him. When Donovan refused to eat my offerings for several weeks and I began to question my abilities as a spider mother I reintroduced him to the wild hoping that mother nature would treat him as well as I did. (not likely)







This picture is to simply illustrate how odd some baby clothes are. Is it just me or are these baby boy maternity pants?




My humble but well loved harvest from my gardens!





For Halloween Cooper was a dinosaur. He wore the cutest puffy costume and we spiked his hair with really still gel into three really huge spikes. (his hair was so long)
I forgot my camera but so my mom took pictures with her camera that I haven't gotten from her yet.
We went to the Woodland Lake Ward party where we ate some fabulous chili, went Trunk-or-Treating (sort-of, Cooper didn't get this quite yet) and took rides in the quad-train (quad pulling barrels cut into train cars)
My favorite memory of this night was going back to Grammy's house. Cooper would just scoop up his candy (like 7 pieces) and just giggle with joy as he just played and played with it. Then my mom and I decided it was time to wash the glue out of his hair and tipped him into the sink. Cooper didn't like this too much but quickly grabbed a tomato that Grammy had sitting near by and just started eating in whole. When that one was done he just grabbed another and another. He patiently ate 3 whole tomatoes while we scrubbed at his hair! Oh how I love this boy!



No comments: